Sunday, February 27, 2005

my winning oscar equation

Simply A + B = C

Where A is my "prize" for predicting the most Oscar winners in 2002:


(Yes, friends, it's a cookie jar. In fact, it's a cookie jar that was broken in transit and glued together during the award ceremony, making it even more Classy.)


And B is the "trophy" awarded to me for predicting the most Oscar winners in 2004:

(This was originally intended to serve as our very own Oscar Stanley Cup of sorts. The Hostess planned to affix our names and dates of victory to the brim--until she "won" it last night and realized that she'd be saddled with displaying it this year. Now, I think it's being retired. Pity.)

And C is the fact that I succeeded in predicting the fewest Oscar winners in 2005, a feat for which I was awarded an obnoxious--but delightfully small--singing mouse, which can be neatly hidden in a drawer until I can unload it on a deserving recipient.

Though, I probably will miss watching dust collect on The Hat all year....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was disappointed that Sideways didn't earn more awards. Really, how many Oscars do Morgan Freeman, Hilary Swank, and Clint Eastwood need?

February 28, 2005 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why have I never seen this cookie jar before? I have been waiting for something like this cookie jar all my life.
xo, mp

March 01, 2005 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really enlightening blog you have there. Here's a subject that interests many: how to write executive summary It's all there: how to write executive summary

November 29, 2005 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home