Thursday, February 24, 2005

sadly, we're nowhere near there yet

So what if I haven't had a day off work since the beginning of February? I was the Belle of the Unpaid Overtime Ball last weekend at the office, wearing my wicked spiffy t-shirt:



[Shameless commerce interlude -- Would you, too, like to wear the Coolest. T-shirts. Ever? Then, pay a visit to the wondrous glarkware. In addition to the faboo designs, glarkware is located in Canada. Some might call it outsourcing your casual wear, but I call it sending your hard-earned cash to the Land of the Free (to Marry).]

And we really are nowhere near there yet. For the first time in the 50-year history of our office, our workload is so freaking ridiculous that The Powers That Be have agreed to extend our Major Deadline. And it's still going to be a painful challenge getting all of the work finished in time. Translation: my office is going to be full of exhausted and cranky people until at least the middle of March. Phooey.

The good news is that the deadline extension allows me to attend The Oscar Party/Competition my friends host every year. A little Hollywood fashion trash-talking could be just the cure for my overtime blues. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael LeVan said...

I liked "food in, poo out," the bad girl from the ranch, and "my girlfriend can totally beat up your girlfriend."

February 26, 2005 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home