Wednesday, February 09, 2005

slap on the wrist (or perhaps elsewhere)

I wasn't going to post about this, but it's been bothering me for a while now. So, here it is: We've had a serious breach of blogging etiquette here at D&K.

K changed something in one of my posts without telling me.

If there were an Office of Blogland Security, I would totally rat K out to the Internet G-men and send her to her Geneva Convention-less doom. But there isn't an Office of B.S. (ahem), so I'm ratting K out to you. Punish her accordingly.

Here's what transpired:
  1. In a post, K referred to her ex/possibly future boyfriend as "Meaty Man."
  2. In a phone conversation, I made fun of K for that.
  3. K attempted to make fun of me for referring, in a post, to my ex/not possibly future girlfriend as "3of3."
  4. I explained to K that "3of3" did not merit teasing in comparison, because "it's not as if I referred to 3of3 as '[admittedly wildly amusing meat-related nickname that will not appear here just in case 3of3 ever stumbles across this page].'"
  5. K laughed. Lots. Too much.
  6. I laughed, too. Because, well, it was pretty damned funny.
  7. I forgot all about it.
  8. K did not forget all about it, snuck into my post, and changed "3of3" to "[admittedly wildly amusing meat-related nickname]."
  9. Aaaaand, I didn't find out about K's evil transgression for days. Days!
Betrayed by K. Sweet Mother of Pearle, who's a girl to trust nowadays?

Repeat after me, K: I will not edit my blogging buddy's posts because it is wicked, mean, and wrong. I will not edit my blogging buddy's posts because it is wicked, mean, and wrong....

(Ordinarily, I'm not one for corporal punishment. But in this case, do feel free to join in the public flogging by spanking K in the comments section.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael LeVan said...

So, should I bring the boiling oil or not?

It's odd how the simultaneous ephemerality/permanency of electronic communication exacerbates so many potential problems of conversation, humor, interpretation, etc.

I suspect you will still be friends.

February 10, 2005 5:58 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I've got a houseful of kids so this kind of bickering in the blog community makes me feel right at home ....

You know, I think there's a longer, juicer story in here some where that neither one of you is telling.

February 10, 2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger D of D&K said...

jo(e)--Hee! There's a much longer story, just not so much with the juice. I will admit to you that 3of3 is 10 years my junior, which has added much (too much) to the hilarity.

dr. m--I was thinking more along the lines of cat-o'-nine-tails, so you can leave the oil bubbling on the stove for now. Your suspicions are correct: I'm fairly certain at this point that K and I will be friends up to and beyond the grave (no matter how many of my posts she vandalizes). [Joking about the vandalism, K, joking!]

K--Of course I'm not really mad. I *was* a touch unhappy about it, but that has long since dissolved into (what else?) thinking it was a laugh riot. I still stand by the call for a spanking, though, because that's just good clean fun. Oh, and you don't think you laughed too much? You laughed soooooo long and hard. I don't think I've heard you laugh like that since that glorious New Year's Eve at Ma D's....

February 10, 2005 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home