Sunday, December 26, 2004

at least they weren't made of wire

At one point during our little gift exchange session, if someone had asked me "What did your mom get you for Christmas?" I could have responded with all honesty and completeness:

- a 4-1/4 oz bag of chili cheese fritos;
- 4 bottles of root beer;
- a box of kosher rye crackers; and
- 12 plastic hangers ("... not the cheap kind. Those aren't from the dollar store!")

All of which put us on target to surpass Ma's Amazing Walgreen's Christmas two years ago. MAWalC, as I've grown fond of calling it, netted me:

- a heating pad
- a pill cutter (no, I don't take any medications regularly)
- a pill crusher; and
- a digital thermometer (at least it was oral, thank G-d)

To this day, and probably for the rest of my life, the thought of MAWalC makes me go "What the -?!"


But this year, post-Fritos (and really, what the -?!), Ma outdid herself -- in a good way. She got me a beautiful Pendleton blanket! Mmmmmm, toasty! I have a rotten cold, so I'm going to go curl up under that blanket right now.

Glad tidings....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can pass those chili cheese Fritos this way aaaanytime you feel like it, hunny-bunny.

Your Ma and Mr. MP's Pa need to get together and swap gifts. It'd be the WTF? to end all WTF? This year, for instance, our gifts included a set of measuring utensils: a 1/3 cup, a 1/4 cup, a 1 tsp, a 1/2 tsp, and a 1/4 tsp. As I sat there, smiling politely and wondering why it was such strange set of measurements, Pa spoke up and said he'd taken the ones he needed out of two sets and gave us the leftovers. It's not as chintzy as it sounds because he also got us a colander and a big chef's knife, so he gets a pass this year. Except maybe for the can of "gourmet lobster bisque," which is vaguely frightening.

Stay warm and I hope your cold is getting better. I need to send you some EmergenC!!!
xoxoxo, MP

December 27, 2004 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home